Solr query language and testing search results using "Solr Admin" page

Recently we had a bug in one of our app where search was not able to find anything based on sub keywords or sub text. Lets say we have an article that has keyword "dedicated" in subject or body or in tags. Now if we try to search using keywords say | cat | cate | ted | dedi | dicat | dedi | then outcome was zero search results. This issue was due to the way indexing was done along with missing query configuration in Solr. We fixed the indexing and seaching configuration in solr/conf/schema.xml file. We added/edited following code